For 14 - 16 year old students:
We offer a full Foundation Learning Programme which includes functional skills, a vovational qualification and Personal, Social Development courses.
Foundation Learning programmes can offer progression to Further Education, work based learning and apprenticeships.
Through ‘BEP Training’ students are able to access a range of Entry Level (1, 2 & 3), Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications and awards, including:
- GCSE English (pilot from September 2011)
- GCSE Maths (pilot from September 2011)
- Functional Skills in English (EL1, EL2, EL3, L1, L2)
- Functional Skills in Maths (EL1, EL2, EL3, L1, L2)
- Functional Skills in ICT (EL1, EL2, EL3, L1, L2)
- ASDAN Bronze / Silver
- ASDAN COPE (L1, L2)
- Health & Safety at Work (L1)
- Appointed First Aider
- BTEC Skills For Working Life – Art & media (EL3, L1)
- BTEC Construction (EL3, L1)
- BTEC Caring for Children (EL3, L1)
- BTEC Work Skills (L2)
Students also access practical skills sessions covering construction related industries (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, general building etc).
Students work in groups of no
more than eight young people
to one tutor.
If you are interested in finding out more about training, call our office and ask for the VIP team.